Make your life a whole lot easier with the following suggestions
Normally, it takes less than a day to lay down soft surfacing. However, the total time is indeed dependant on how many rooms you?ll be redoing or the size of the space. Your carpet installation service team will no doubt be able to give you a good idea of how long everything will take for your project.
Additionally, keep in mind you don?t be able to use the areas the team will be laying down wall-to-wall in, at least for as long as it takes them to install the surfacing.
In the areas getting the carpet ?
- Contain debris and dust within the spaces by covering doors and vents with plastic.
- Assure easy access to the room(s) for the workers by clearing a path, so they can bring in their equipment and bring out debris.
- In the rooms that are adjacent to where the work is being done, cover furniture as well as floors ? especially along the workers? path.
- Remove all items from nearby closets, bookcases, entertainment centers, cabinets, and other similar storage to make it easier to clean up afterward.
- Relocate all breakables, such as valuables, antiques, wall hangings, mirrors, vases, and lamps from rooms affected by the renovation.
- Disconnect and move computers, stereos, televisions, and other electronic devices.
- Extension cords should be removed as well. Check for them along door casings, baseboards, and under carpets.
- All furniture in the room that will get the installation will need to be temporarily placed elsewhere. You can move them to other areas of the house or rent temporary storage.
On the day the team is set to do the work ?
- Ensure you are on the premises. Should an issue arise, someone may need to make a decision and direct the installers.
- Rooms that are designated to be redone should have the temperature set between 60?? 80?F.
- Children and pets need to be kept away from the work area.
Marion?s Flooring Superstores
Visit our Marion?s Flooring Superstores showroom in Portland, OR to view a vast assortment of quality soft and hard surfacing. Serving the Beaverton, Portland, Vancouver, and Lake Oswego, regions, we assure excellent service and stunning flooring options.