A carpet installation is warm, soft, and adds a touch of luxury to a room, but many people ask us what to expect when installing. So, we'll simplify it by breaking it into three stages: before, during, and after.
Before: The preparation
Thorough preparation will avoid delays and other problems.
1. Go over the estimate carefully to see just what is covered. The last thing you want is a last-minute surprise invoice.
2. Make sure the room is empty
3. Find out who is responsible for disposal and if your municipality has any specific requirements.
4. Find out about subfloor inspection, repair, and restoration.
The day of the carpet flooring installation
1. When the carpet is delivered, check the color and texture and ensure no visible defects.
2. Plan for the carpet installation to take one full day, but it can also take less. This depends on the size of workload and room square footage.
3. The installer will make a big square, placing wooden strips with tacks around the room's perimeter. Next, padding will be placed inside with the carpet flooring stretched over it.
1. Installers will use a power stretcher, a long tool with tines at the end, to tightly extend the rug and secure it to the strips.
After the carpet installation
Following the installation, ask when you can move furniture back into the room and when you can walk on the carpet flooring. Keep in mind that the two often have different timetables.
You will also need to vacuum, as it's common for new carpet to "shed" after installation. If you notice that "new carpet smell," ventilate the room for 24-48 hours.
Your area’s carpet store in Portland, OR and Wilsonville, OR
Marion's Carpet & Flooring Warehouses is a 45-year-old, family-owned company with an extensive inventory and superior services, such as residential or commercial carpet installation. Visit our company today to experience the difference (and get a free quote.)
We have showrooms in Wilsonville and Portland, OR, and serve Wilsonville, Beaverton, Portland, Vancouver, and Lake Oswego, OR.